Friday, February 8, 2013

Only In Austin

I live in Austin, Texas.  I am a native Austinite. I still remember Holiday House, Aqua Fest, and driving around town before there was Mopac.

I have actually lived the majority of my life in places other than Austin.  I've been back for 8 years now, and love it!  I'm married and raising my two kids to appreciate the special city in which we live. 

Like many people in and around Austin, I live in suburbia.  Strip malls and big box stores that would be exactly the same, whether you were in the suburbs of Wichita, Boston or Austin. I'm not a fan. So through this blog, I plan to document the places, spaces, sounds and tastes that make Austin... well, Austin.  I'll be challenging myself (and my family, when I can drag them along) to have at least one, "Only In Austin" experience each week.  Then I'll try to document it on this blog.

Now, where to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment